Reproduction German pre WW2 rider's badge in bronze.
More properly called the "horseman's badge".
Instituted on 9 April 1930. the badge later received official sanction, and was authorized for wear on the left breast of any uniform. the bronze badge was awarded for completion of equestrian skills. it was one of the very few awards authorized for wear on uniforms during the third Reich that did not have a" twisted cross".
Stamped metal, man on a horse surrounded with an oak leaf wreath and an "R" (for reiter or rider) within a circle at the bottom. although the construction may appear crude, originals were made this way.
Size is 2 1/8 x1 3/4 inches.
Listing is for (1) stock photos show front and back.